Friday, August 17, 2007

Angelique Kidjo - Gimme Shelter (feat. Joss Stone)


I dont know if this is stale or not but I saw this video on yahoo today and I think its HOT! I love what Kidjo and Joss are doing!
I dont know if I heard 'orobokibobo" or not o..i could have been dreaming.
The song 'Gimme Shelter' is by rock and roll band Rolling Stones.

The lyrics of the song speak of seeking shelter from a coming storm, painting a picture of devastation and social apocalypse while also talking of the power of love:

“ Oh, a storm is threat'ning, My very life today; If I don't get some shelter, Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away ”
“ War, children, it's just a shot away, It's just a shot away; War, children, it's just a shot away, It's just a shot away ” (WIKIPEDIA)
Of course I love the remake with the drums and stuff...and I also love Joss Stone and Angelique Kidjo!


Click HERE for Kidjo's website. Apparently in her new album titled DJIN DJIN, she collaborates with stars such as: Alicia Keya, Carlos Santana, Stone, Josh Groban, Ziggy Marley, and a few other. In case you dont know, She is a UN Goodwill Ambassador! i just found out that she fluent in Yoruba, Fon, French, and English so that 'Orobokibobo' may have been for real o.

(In a Pasuma inspired voice) Ok now..keep on rocking!

1 comment:

Admin UD said...

Angelique is a great artiste