Monday, July 30, 2007

Would You Write A Letter?

At my job, I work by this lady/woman called Theresa and she honestly freaks out about everything. She is very emotional and takes everything to heart. She's a real sweetheart though. lol..she gives me candy all the time.Theresa told me something that cracked me up big time today..but she also got me thinking a little bit too sha.

Apparently, Theresa hadnt been on an airplane till November 2005 and she was 45! Yes, she is a typical small town woman scared of doing big things like..flying. So, in preparation for her flight to Nevada, she started freaking out like 3 months in advance.LOL! She told 3 different people at work to take care of her son/ talk to him should anything happen to her and hubby. She loves her son to death no be joke o.

She didnt stop at that o...She wrote a long letter and sealed it in an envelope addressed to her son. She also took out a notebook and took note of all the assets, loans, bank accounts, bills and everything to date...just so he would be able to keep track of everything.

Now I dont know what you think but she made my day with that story. I couldnt stop laughing for a good minute o. It's just a plane ride madam! On the other hand, I guess it makes sense to have a letter for your loved ones in any case..not just when you're flying to Nevada. Anything can happen at anytime.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PURPLE HIBISCUS
Boo and I went into Barnes & Noble on Saturday and I just decided to look for Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie. I bought the book and I could not put it down! I finished it Sunday night. Lets just say my studying and eating and everything else did not matter. This book is a must read. GRAB A COPY NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

9 comments:

Rinsola said...

Imagine buying the book, and not opening it after i wrote Rinsola's copy on it? I hope to read it soon though.

Admin UD said...

lol at ur workmate. She's such a such a story..lol! I've read Purple hibiscus. Great book

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

lol at theresa...eyah....Geez...seems like im the only one who did not like that book!!!

temmy tayo said...

When will i get round to reading this book????????

SapphireAster said...

Rinsola, you berra get to reading it o.
Ugo..yay glad you liked the book too! i know Theresa is quite..hmm...interesting
Onada...you didnt like the book? Its all good though!
Temmy..yeah read it when you get the chance to take a break

Biodun said...

Purple Hibiscus is a good book, you should read "Half of a yellow sun" if u havent!
About the letter, dunno about dat o, lol its a good idea though!

Anonymous said...

lol at theresa

Anonymous said...

this book has been recommended so much that i think i shuld actually get a copy.. about the lady.. lol... some fears sha

Thirty + said...

Rinsola oya post it to me asap I am offering my assistance to read it for you.