Thursday, August 10, 2006

You Had A Bad Day..You're Taking One Down...

Yesterday I had typed up a post about my hella crappy week and I got to work this morning determined to let ya'll know how crazy it has been. I had a zillion things to complain about and I even wanted to add the story about THAT friend that uses me all the time. From waking up at 4am everyday, to the people on the damn bus that wont let me sleep, to the battalion of somalis that get on the bus in the afternoon and suddenly it starts stinking, to the tummy sickness I get on the bus everyday cos the driver doesnt drive as 'smoothly' as I think he should, the boredom in my office cos Steph is gone all week, the long 13 hours I spend outside of my house everyday, the neighbors dog's poop I stepped on last nite, my dad calling at 2am...when I only had 2 precious hours of sleep to go. My list seemed endless

And then...for some odd reason I got to work and stumbled upon a blog with a post about being thankful. I realize that instead of wasting my energy and time thinking about that friend that uses me, I should be thankful for my friend N that I met my freshman year and how much impact that one person has had on me. I will tell you about her in my next blog.

I am sorry for every minute I spent getting upset at Boo because he forgot some lame story i told him last year. I know I should be thankful to have a guy that gave me his car for the first month of my job while he tried to get rides to work himself. I am thankful for a man that cares about me enough to make me dinner, and wake up at 5am to drop me off at the bus station. I am thankful for a man who comes to my house right as he gets home from a long day at 10:30pm just to say goodnight and tuck me in while I rant about my crazy day!

I am thankful for this internship that I have with this "BIG NAME" Company that I do not even deserve. When the hiring manager called me to tell me the internship would be for 6 months so I would be taking the semester off, I told him plainly that I would not consider it and that I was NOT interested. he told me to think about it...
talk to my advisor cos he felt it was worth it. he kept calling me back trying to get me to interview and I finally agreed to interview after 'resting' from finals. In Corporate america, no one begs you to "consider" interviewing. Its a big name company and I know they had tons of applicants. The interview was more like yarning with my friend...I pretty much knew I got the job. I know I am highly favoured and I am thankful for that.

I talked to my roomate an hour ago..the girl is working her a** off in Texas this summer and things are not going as well as she expected but she has an AMAZING SPIRIT. Instead of complaining she says : "Its going to be a greeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaattttt day." I admire her spirit and I am taking on that attitude.

So on Monday when my alarm goes off at 4;00am, instead of cursing, I will say : "Thank you God...cos I know its gonna be a greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaattttttt day."

8 comments:

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

I no know why it's a wondeful day. In all situations, u've to give thanks, 'cos things could've been worse. Em is trying o. Nice dude, it's rare to find peeps like that.

Ehn! Em knows how to treat a lady right, "just to say goodnight and tuck me in while I rant about my crazy day!"

Quit complaining, whinning and being ungrateful.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

P.S: Sign up for MIG 101. See my blog for more details.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

I meant to say i now know (1st line)

SapphireAster said...

yup....dont bust me out on facebook u dis gial! Em tries...I have to give it to him. hmmm i have seen ur blog but I dont have enough experience. Are you at work?

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

I'm not at work, or did they send u to me today ni? I'm off today, cos i was in the ER last nite.

Noella said...

Hey
Nice Blog - Your man sounds really nice. Good message as well, we all need to be grateful

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Its been a blessing reading this. Good blog.

SapphireAster said...

Thanks:)