Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Its Been A Minute

Hey my fellow bloggers...how have you been? I know its been a while..I've not been feeling motivated at all. Work has been boring! Mr Em was out of town all last week and my roomate went outta town too. On friday morning the cab driver almost killed both of us cos of a freaking plate of pot pie he was eating at 5am. Hmmm..I was just short of flinging it out of the cab. abeg o. The pot pie looked sick as hell and the man even had the guts to ask me if I owned a microwave. I was like 'who doesnt have one?'

Anyways I've been meaning to finish up the story about my sisters by writing about my second sister....but, I will leave that story for now. I will come back to it later.

I was at home jejely watching TV in my pajamas at about 5:00pm on Saturday or so when my sister, Sade, called me to vent about Broda. As I mentioned earlier, Sade is going home in December to see Broda and make sure the love is still tin-tin after over four years. Broda has been trying to leave naija for the UK for a while and as Sade told me earlier..he would leave for the UK in January 2007 after her visit.

Back to Sade's call! Sade was very upset because Broda called to tell her that he was thinking about leaving in September! Yes o...in a month! Apparently he had just spoken with his sister and her husband who reside in the UK and they had convinced him to relocate ASAP. Broda is very excited and Sade is ..well..NOT EXCITED! Haba the girl bought her ticket for naija since March and has been buying gifts for people since last year.

Sade believes that brother-in-law is just getting Broda all hyped up for nothing. Brother-in-law says that Broda will be able to work and come back to Naija in december to see Sade. Ok....I know its not that easy to relocate to another country and be back in Naija within 4 months. Broda is not balling like that..and I dont think he understands that you dont get a job the moment you walk out of the airport. Whatever happens it will not be funny is Broda is not at Murtala Mohammed Airport when Sade gets off the plane.

However, like the good sister that I am, I told Sade to take it easy and that Broda will soon get off the 'high' he seems to be on right now. At the end of the day she said I was supporting him...I was just being reasonable as always o. Wetin man go do na? We will see how it all works out.


Sapphire Aster

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright,i feel what ur sister is going through. After working hard and saving to up to go and see her ololufe. Way out number is for her ololufe to meet up with her at the airport. Just kidding,if i were in her shoes i will pray the guy doesnt get visa until i have left naija. Life is not fair.Lol.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

will be back to read the full gist...but read quickly about Broda moving...hmmmm....
will be back

DiAmOnD hawk said...

well he said he was "thinking"....so he probably WILL NOT be going...maybe he didnt have anything to say at that point and just said it u know. 4yrs is a long time...

and why is it ppl always feel things will be so EASY when they travel out...

NaijaBloke said...

Hahaha...what can I say,but u actually did the right thing by just advising ur sister to take am easy.

Men I can feel Broda's excitment to get the heck outta that country o,cos it aint easy in that hellhole if u don't have something going for u.

Men I just had a brain freeze on this ur issue,cos if she tells broda not to go to london,broda's family might say she is trying to block broda's success(nobody belives it is not easy over here 2 o in Nigeria) and if to say she never buy ticket now she for just go london jeje.

I pray God gives ur sister wisdom o.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Oh baby! Broda's a** needs to be whooped. What rubbish is that? Hmm, ur sister should go and enjoy herself jere, broda or no broda. If broda's really feeling her, i think he'll be excited and would chill until she's left. You did good, just keep on advising as best as u can.

SapphireAster said...

@ Diamond...I dont know why people assume riches will flow anywhere abroad. Hehe...he is seriously thinking and believing o..we'll se

@ Temmy...good one I thought about the visa thing but I could not say it cos i dont not to be tagged "the enemy of progress"

NaijaBloke, you are right on point! My sister tried to tell him not to go and he started saying the whole " O you dont want to me to leave the Country while ur enjoying in the States>" Of course my sister went on a "How can you think that"speech.

Xoxo, u said it o not me...m talking about the ass whooping. All I am saying is that if I were in her shoes ..I expect my boo to be at the airport with flowers for every anniversary we spent apart! I aint playing!

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

You make me laff, SA. Most guys are not that romantic like that. They may not think of that, the flowers 'n all, except they're told.