Wednesday, November 29, 2006

GNIVIGSKNAHT

Whats up my people! How una dey? I'm excited right now I don't even know why. How was your thanksgiving? Mine was great! I'm thankful for life, for my family, friends, fellow bloggers, and for God's blessings! I have had some pwetty tough times this year but by God's grace I stand well well..no shaking!

I know you want to know what I did for thanksgiving...I went home with the Boyfriend on Wednesday and did not get back till Sunday. My people, I feel bad o...the first time I went there last year...I found out that I had become allergic to cats..after a real bad asthma attack at his cousins. So this time I knew not to go there, only to find out that I am now have allergic reactions to dogs after I started to sneezing 2 mins after 'buddy' sat by me. It didn't get as bad sha..I had my meds but there goes my plan of having a dog.

My people...I get treated like the princess that I am anytime I go there jare. Instead of waking up at 5am or earlier for work..I woke up to hot breakfast waiting for me. Pancakes..bacon...eggs..french toast. Boy o boy! I'm not going to lie I felt uncomfortable at first cos in my family its the other way around..I would be the one waking up to make my dad breakfast. Lets just say I enjoy this special treatment jare, plus the man does not want any help in the kitchen but I always offer like the good kid that I am. Thanksgiving meal was awesome..the whole fam was excited to see me..as always. Ok first time I met the grandparents I thought they'd be racist or unwelcoming they aren't...hehe they even gave me $20 at Christmas. BUT grandmere did make a mistake while introducing me to her friends...she was like " hey, this is SA I told yo about...she's from NEW GUINEA! Oh Helllzzzz nawww. New Gui WHAT? (breathe breathe SA breathhhee). Boyfriend knows I get upset when people say I'm from some other country..anyways grandmere apologized and I was ok...plus she made up for it with her sumptuous thanksgiving meal. hehe...woman can throw down at her age!

I know I've been talking about food but I have to talk about the Lasagna...papa Boyfriend lived up to his reputation. I've been craving his lasaga for month and I am satisfied. I am now back to my pounded yam and Egusi..infact next time I go I will cook a Nigerian dish (any suggestion?)...but I will have a gallon of water handy for each person..I think it will come in handy hehe.

I did go shopping on Black Friday and I took Boo and his mom with me. I am ever ready to shop but I always get good deals sha. I was up and ready at 6.30am. Poor boo hehe. I finally got luggage for my naija trip and did a lot of shopping for naija too sha. On Saturday....I went shopping again with his mom and his brother's girlfriend while the guys went to a Basketball game (that I really wanted to go to). It was a good time too..but boo's brother's girlfriend is a richie rich and can be quite stuck-up..but she was a lot nicer to me this time. Yeah...papa is a pilot....they own Victorian home...family owns airplane-related patents and all that. I don't care how much you have but you will treat me with respect. Chikena, we're cool! It was kinda weird cos she shops at the high-end stores but hehe i went to my own regular stores with my coupons. I got 3 purses and they are gorgeous. It was real fun hanging with boo's mom though..she is too cool.......such a nice warm woman..I always tell Boo he is so lucky..esp since I am not close to my mom.

I'm forgetting one part that almost spoiled my whole weekend o. So o friday night we were just hanging you know....a couple of Boo's hometown friends came to hang too. Why is it that guys are cool and girls have issues ehn? So this girl came in o, if you remember one of my posts earlier...it was her wedding I attended with boo this summer. So Miss Bride comes in and gives everyone a hug but she doesn't even look at me. She didn't even look at me then look away o. No...she acted like I didnt exist! What the ....? Me that made boo double the $$ on the check he wrote at their wedding, me that she was hugging and thanking at the wedding and saying how nice it was to meet me? I see how it is!

I didn't bring it up during the weekend cos I knew it would blow up but I brought it up on our way back. I told boo I couldn't do it anymore...I didn't sign up to be treated like shit! I was mad at him too because he didn't do anything about it. He said he didn't feel the need to introduce me again since we met at the wedding...I sha told him that I do not know how his people or friends do things o but courtesy demands that yo say hi to everyone when yo go somewhere. Let it be known that if Boo and I do get married, some people will not be welcome. Miss Bride, warn ya self!I see how my friends treat Boo like he's one of us..I trust my naija friends..friendly, hospitable,funny, and GENUINE! Phew!!

Anyways I have been reading your posts and it seems like thanksgiving was very 'filling' for most of you..and in ONB's case it was some more eating and makossa dancing. By the way,I used to call myself the makossa queen before o..my waist just winds on its own even when m sleeping but Overwhelmed is threatening my reign o..maybe its time for me to retire...

How have you been?

10 comments:

Biodun said...

Glad u had a nice thanksgiving, bfast all made, now I wish someone would do that for me :(
The bfriend's family sound great as for the chick, there is always someone in a family who acts up period!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sapphire, I am excited to be here. Good, i love MAD FUN,we all need it in our lives joo.
i hope i can handle all the crazy peoples cos men..my life is insane already to start with.

it is wonderful to have wonderful potential in-laws. That is good. About the bad belles,abeg..., you can enter into ignore mode, don't let anyone pour sand in your garri. All your garri needs is epa, kulikuli, sugar, miliki and cold water.
Thanks again

NaijaBloke said...

Iro ni o ..U finally update ya blog ...

Sounds like u had fun o ...and I bet u r preparing for the mega fun in naija

U have a nice day

DiAmOnD hawk said...

girl...next time someone ignores you like that...be all sweetness and pointedly greet them...some ppl and their levels shaaaa....

SapphireAster said...

@ biodun. you're right I had a good time...and the fam is awesome!
@Aurasoul...aint nobody pouring sand sand for my garri o...all the other extras will be added
@bloke...yes o..I have updated my blog. I told you I'm getting better..get used to me!
@Miss Hawkins...mm...i dont promise to be sweet next time o..maybe the third time..I'm trying

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

SAFAYAH, my dear, brace urself 'cos there are still some ignoramus folks out there that still have a problem with interracial dating, but Boo should be aware of such things when they start brewing and take ur side. Anyhoos, glad u had fun still. I'm still beefing u that u're going to Naija without me and u're gonna have fun

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

It sounds like you had a fab time. Don't waste another moment on that incident. Nice to see you've updated your blog.

Ms. May said...

Ok....so I've cauhgt up on your blog and I never did see anything about how you and your boo became more than friends. Or did I miss it? Oya, tell the story or point me to where it is...LOL!

SapphireAster said...

Bijou...continue beefing o...the plan was for us to go to naija this xmas...na u jabo me o!

LOASCM, thank you jare my sister...I am serious about being a better blogger.

ONB, ahh..it is sooo on! DJ..hit us with some Awilo/Decaler...I need some oil for my waist sha

Ms.May...which kin homework you come give me na? I'll write about that sometime sha...

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I have read your blog and you have a very good post and blog. I certainly agree with your blog articles or should I say issue you are discussing. In fact, you should add more articles with regards to your subject more often so that I can come visiting to your blog. How often do you find new and research stuff? Are there any opportunities that I can contribute to your blog. I believe other blog readers would love to read more related stuff. This way, your PR rank for this blog will raise if more visitors are coming. Keep up the good work! Eddy. Get Your Asthma and Allergy Secrets in Just 17 Minutes A Day! and get your health back fast!