Tuesday, August 1, 2006

The Oyinbo Wedding

I wasnt going to write about this till the end of the week but I dont want to risk falling asleep at my desk so I changed my mind. Yes o, I went to a wedding this past weekend. One of my boyfriend's classmates from high school was getting married. I know I didnt mention having a boyfriend earlier but I guess you know now. Lets just call him Em. Em is oyinbo o and I have always been one of those that said "me, date an oyinbo? not my cup of tea o." Anyways, lets just say I'm loving it and right now I wouldnt change this for anything. Abeg dont tell my parents they dont know...yet!

Back to the wedding, Anna (22) and Bevin (24) got married on Saturday and it was soo beautiful. Mehn everything was planned perfectly. They had dated since they were in high school. Bevin served in Iraq for 1.5 years and thankfully he came home alive. He flew all the way to Paris to propose to her last year while she was studying abroad. Aint that cute!
They had a Parisian theme to the whole wedding o. We all had Eiffel Tower shaped chocolate and chai was it good! All the tables were named after Anna's favourite places in Paris. It was an outside wedding, all white and light pink and it was gorgeous.

I only knew Em, his brother, and his girlfriend at the wedding but trust me, by the end of the night, I knew 100 more people. Em and I have been dating for about 9 months but we have been best friends for almost 2 years. Our story is for another day. At the wedding, I got to meet a lot of Em's high school classmates and they were all really nice o. Of course the wedding was in a smaller town but everyone was kool...no one acted funny around me. By the way, I was the only black person there so I stood out anyhow. Mehn I thought small town oyinbo people dont know extensions o but this woman busted me out. She was like is that a hair piece? Well I guess she wears them all the time so she can spot one 1000 miles off...she didnt embarass me or anything. she's really funny too!

I had so much fun at the reception. Zach (Em's friend that I had just met) kept picking on me but it was all good....you know how I like attention. When it came time to dance...come and see me getting down to it. Shoo...I had to represent for all the black folks in the world, its a huge responsibility but I am glad to say I was up to the task. Hehe...compliments upon compliments. Too bad there was no coupe decaler to wind to! Your girl was leading the congo line as the band played 'ole ole.' You would've thought it was my sister that was getting married. By the way I was 100% sober as always.

Anyhow, somewhere during all the fun, I lost my phone. Well I didnt loose it, Em did. he had it in his pocket along with 10000 other things. I guess it was my phone that had to get lost cos everything else was intact. If you know me you know how much i love my baby (my phone). come to think of it...Em and I left for a second and went on a long golf cart ride. Maybe the phone fell off then...o well.

Goodnews though! After we left on sunday, Em's mom (the angel that she is) called around and na so people begin dey find my phone o. They found it! I'm expecting it in the mail anytime from now. Phew! I dont have to buy a new phone. I am bad with phones and everything else. I lose everything...2 weeks ago it was my passport, then my social security card. Em says I'm disorganized. I say I just forget where I keep things. Anyways he always ends up finding all my stuff!

Anyways I think I'm awake now so I should get back to work. This whole waking up at 4am is taking its toll on me o. I only started yesterday. I don suffer! Have an awesome day y'all!

SA

4 comments:

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Yeye gal. So u and Em are dating? I thot u said u weren't. See, ehn i can read inbetween the lines, even those hard to see ones in fine print LOL! Glad to hear u had a nice time.

I trust u, u thrive on attention and compliments. Abeg, don't forget to yarn us how u and Em met, all the tori wey dey for inside book. Even though i think i know how and when u guys met.

SapphireAster said...

Tatafo number one! Chai!

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Yep, and is there a problem with dat? BTW, u should be at work, working and not blogging. Lemme do tatafo for ur oga.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

hmmm...see this blogging thing...i know you're anonymous to me but someone will definitely read between the lines...i've had to edit/delete some of my postings...before i enter yawa.

anyways have a great weekend!!!