Friday, November 17, 2006

Meeting Bobby

I know its been a month since I last posted but I have barely had time for myself. This work/school thing is killing me and my lazy half is glad this internship is almost over jare. The experience has been great but they are draining the juice out of my system. Which kin life.
How have you all been jare? I've tried to keep up with you all by reading your posts and they have been entertaining. I did get my ticket to naija and I have been counting down...I have also been shopping and infact my wallet is not too happy with me right now.

This past weekend was quite eventful o...I had to go outta my little village here to the 'city' cos I had some 'business' to take care of. I left with my roomate and we had plans of staying with her cousins who live in 'city.' I was tired from work and everything but they were all excited to go out. I didnt want to be a party pooper so I carried my behind and followed.

Needless to say, I began regretting as soon as we got there. I expected to go to a nice club..with a mature crowd and everything. NOOO...they had to take me to what I consider 'ghetto kingdom.' Crunk music lik 85% of the time....people acting the fool. The place was razz as hell..so yep...my nose was in the air the whole time. Gosh I rolled my eyes so much at some point they just continued rolling on their own voluntarily! I was bored and just did not want to be there.

A little while later, these naija guys come by...I dont know them so I say hi and thats it for me. Apparently they are friends with the girls..so they all started dancing...I notice this guy...he's trying to dance with me...HELLZZ NAW!

I think he figured out I wasnt in the mood so just started making conversation. His name is Bobbi abi na Bobby whichever,...he's South African (white one), he's studying Pharmacy at the U, then the boy begin dey yarn for pidgin...in my head m like..ok...this can work, I'm bored and you are making time pass..BUT if your saliva hits my face again I swear it wont be funny.

Finally...it was time to go..Bobby was still talking...Bobo..time is up...time for you to go! He's askig for my number, I dont want to give him my number..I dont giv anyone my #...I dont know what possessed me but I founf myslf givig it to him. No I dont think he is cute..yes I have a boyfriend...No I wont ever answer his calls. Why in the world did I give him my #?I DONT KNOW!...maybe it was pity..

Next morning at 11ish..phone rings! Its a strange number so I ignore it, I kinda get the feeling its Bobby so I ignore it. 3 hours later I had 3 missed calls from that same prson. Mystery perso decides to finally leave a message ad here's what it said
'Hi SA its Bobby, We met at "Ghetto Kingdom" last nite and I'm just calling to check on you and say hi, Hope you are having a good weekend. I am at work right now but I would really love to talk to you so pls give me a call back."
I'm thinking..what happened to the 3-day rule? Do guys now call you the following day? Na wa o. Well I never called Bobby back and I will not be doing so!

For some reason I ended up telling Boo about it and see the jealousy! Chineke God of Africa! Boo Never EVER gets jealous so I wasnt expecting it..I was just sharing my weekend story o. Wo..lemme just say it wasnt funny sha.

SO...I went to the Mall of America while I was in the city and I got a quickly reminded why I dont like goig to the mall. Yes, all the stores you can think of are there but the chances of gettig lost are like 99.99%. To gt from one store that I lik to another...na wahala. All the north South East west thing self no help. 3 floors of stores...mehn I love shopping but I tell you ext time I no go pass 1st floor. I even lost inside dia slf..no be say my first, second, third, or 10th time of being there o! Plus everybody, their best friend, sister-in-law, and daughter seemed to be shopping. Shopaholics! Sheww...I barely got anything...

I have to go to bed now sha...I have barely 4 hours of sleep..but its ok its FRIIDAYYY. Next time I will tell youabout my roomie that caught her boyfriend of 3 years with another woman.

Abeg forgive all my errors...I'm sleepy as hell and my fingers have a mind of their own. How have you been?

8 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

See you Saph - see how your composed self made a stranger want to hook up with you - ofcourse your boyfriend will be jealous - you are out of town - and he wasn't really feeling it to be begin with as in a man might just nab you - LOL - and then his worst night mare was almost realised - he must have thought you must have secretly liked him to have secretly given him your number - LOL - Hope you are having fun in da city.

And its not fair what you did - telling us about a story u have not put yet - OK - when will it go up - will we have to wait for another month LOLOL.

Have a blessed weekend.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Oh by the way - Loving your changed template - Loving it loving it.

SapphireAster said...

I've back in my village o my siater....hehe guess who called me last nite? Bobbilicious! I didnt pick up my phone o..
Thanks jare I'm glad you love it. I'm trying to figure out this beta thing without losing my blog. One step at a time

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Bobbilicious, that's a guy after my own heart jere haunting you. Why o why did u give him ur #? Boo shld take a chill pill jo, but it's normal for him to feel jealous. When i come shey we'll go to Mall of America? Hopefully, by then u would've mastered the place. We need gist from u.

SapphireAster said...

Xoxo..this one that you have been coming till 2003? I dy wait!You will go to the Mall you self go tire. hehe...I will sit at the food court and eat the whole time while you get your work-out on!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

she's finally decided to update her blog....

lol@ eyes rolling on their own...
welcome back chicka

Anonymous said...

Ok, when do we get the details of your roomie and her boyfriend?
I know,i'm new to blogging, but who no like a good story.

SapphireAster said...

Aura...I am working on it o. Welcome to the blog world its a fun place real awesome people.